C. S. Johnson Splice Line Fitting - Over Center Gate Hook with Splice Eye LS-3100
Investment cast pelican "Over Center" Gate Hook with Splice Eye is used to create a gate in Dyneema or Spectra lifelines. Cast T-316 Stainless Hook features 1-1/4" of adjustment, and is 5/16" LH Thread, with Check Nut locking. "Over Center" design allows easy opening and closing with no load on the swinging hook when closed. Stays secure with a heavy split ring on the plunger latching device.
Johnson Splice Line fittings allow you to splice hi-tech Dyneema®line to standard lifeline fittings. Johnson Splice Line Fittings are designed for 1/4" (6 mm) Dyneema® or Spectra® line - which are approved by World Sailing for use as lifelines in offshore racing (Min. rope diameter of 5 mm).
Splicing Eye for the line is machined from anodized 6061-T6 aluminum with cast T-316 stainless steel Gate Hook.
Dynema® and Spectra® are also great for cruising sailors as well.
- C.S. Johnson LS-3100 Over Center Gate Hook with Splice Eye
- Lightweight, easy on the line
- Type: Type 316 Cast Stainless Gate Hook to Splice Eye
- Maximum Line Size: 5/16" (8 mm)
- Splicing Nut Body Diameter: 9/16" (14 mm)
- Thread Diameter: 5/16" LH
- Adjustment: 1-1/4"
- Check Nut Locking
- Splice Eye Material: Hard anodized aluminum
NOTE: Professional splicing is recommended. Johnson Marine recommends changing out the line at 4 year intervals.