Awlgrip 73234 Awlwash Wash Down Concentrate - Quart
To help maintain the mirror-like luster of Awlgrip, Awlgrip HS and Awlcraft 2000 topcoats. Awlgrip has introduced Awlwash Washdown Concentrate 73234.
With regular cleaning, Awlwash will help avoid the build-up of dirt and grease which can cause the finish to appear dull. Formulated to clean Awlgrip topcoats, Awlwash does not contain alkalies, acids or abrasives, unlike other "marine soap" products that are not suitable for use on painted surfaces.
Awlwash is 100% biodegradable.
Awlwash is recommended prior to the use of Awlgrip's Awlcare Protective Polymer Sealer and is available in an easy to dispense Tip 'N Measure quart bottle.
Awlwash has been extensively tested in Awlgrip's laboratories and in the harsh marine environment. All tests conclude that this product is what our customers have requested for years - an effective detergent for cleaning yet still gentle for frequent use on Awlgrip, Awlgrip HS and Awlcraft 2000.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly prior to washing.
- Add 1 ounce of Awlwash per gallon of water.
- Wash surface while still wet from initial rinsing. Use a soft, non-abrasive applicator when washing the surface.
- Do not allow Awlwash to dry on the surface prior to rinsing. Wash small sections of large surfaces to ensure the surface stays wet.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing.
- When finished, wipe the surface with a soft cotton towel or chamois to prevent water spots.
Note: If water spots are a problem, Awlgrip recommends the use of a water softener to reduce water spots. Water spots are caused by organic and inorganic impurities in the water. If water beads are allowed to air dry, the water evaporates and leaves a residue on the paint. If this residue is not removed it may gradually etch the paint. If water spots occur, they can be removed with Awlgrip's Awlcare Protective Polymer Sealer 73240.
Stubborn stains may require a higher concentration of Awlwash. High concentrations will require increased amounts of rinsing. Some stubborn stains may require Awlwash to be used at full concentration.
Note: Awlgrip recommends washing the surface once a week to prevent dirt build-up.
Keep from freezing.
Awlwash Technical Data Sheet 20190118
Awlwash MSDS 20160510