Lewmar DC2 High Load Single Rope Clutch - Three models, for rope between 5/16" and 9/16" (8-14 mm) in diameter.
Lewmar makes two versions of Rope Clutch; the DC2 Single is a High Load clutch, for applications on boats up to 55 feet (16.8m), and low load and control line applications on larger boats. (See the Lewmar DC1 version for smaller, low load applications).
See Images above for Clutch Specifications and Dimensions.
Lewmar continues to define rope clutch technology with a variable geometry handle and unique grip pattern of dominoes that prevent rope fray. Unlike anything else on the market, Lewmar's non-cam clutch has a series of smooth, in-line and parallel rings hinged at the base. The line is run through these rings which are then tilted by a single connecting lever.
When tilted, the rings force the line to snake through them, creating the necessary friction to hold the line securely. When they are allowed to resume their former configuration (the clutch is released), the line straightens and can be eased without alarm if released gradually. This revolutionary new system has been independently tested time and again and has won awards for its innovative framework.
Throughout the history of rope clutch development, cam's were given teeth. This has always been a primary cause of line abrasion. Lewmar's clutch is an innovative approach to the line holding function.
When selecting a clutch, it is best to select the size with an upper rope range close to the size of the line to be belayed. Doing so will ensure maximum deflection as the Domino flexes the line.
- Domino Cluster and greater holding surface area holds line under load without fraying
- Controlled Release - Pull back handle combined with patented clutch and release mechanism provides controlled release even at full holding load.
- Solid link from handle to Domino Cluster
- Line size capability:
- 5/16" (8mm) to 3/8" (10mm) Lewmar 29101410BK
- 3/8" (10mm) to 1/2" (12mm) Lewmar 29101412BK
- 1/2" (12mm) to 9/16" (14mm) Lewmar 29101414BK
- Drilling template supplied