Deckvest 6D marks a new era for Spinlock and its popular Deckvest lifejacket range. Following feedback and review the Spinlock design team have worked hard to develop yet again the latest in lifejacket technology and a step-change in product development.
Adjustment has been the biggest design focus developing a new buckle and adjuster system to ensure the Deckvest 6D is simple and intuitive to fit, ensuring fast, easy donning. A new buckle system, sized perfectly, passes through a soft durable front moulding, to be securely locked into place. Smooth running, wide adjuster buckles then allow for the perfect fit - whatever is being worn
- 170N Buoyancy
- One Size
- UML Pro Sensor Elite activation system
- Improved front opening buckle with smooth body adjuster system
- Enhanced shoulder fit system for the perfect fit – every time – all day
- Enhanced back profile for clean, unobtrusive look and fit
- Hard-wearing coated fabrics in key areas
- New sprayhood design with large clear structured visor – stored away from neck
- Firing system on rear of bladder for improved comfort and reduced snagging when inflated
- 40mm Single Leg Strap with stowage pocket - extra wide, easy to find, easy to locate
- Pylon 360° lifejacket light fitted
- Lume-On bladder illumination lights fitted
- MOB1 AIS Compatible
- 5 Year Warranty on product registration
- This model is the HRS version. If you want the non-HRS Deckvest 6D model Binnacle.com has that one as well
What is HRS?
Spinlock still considers a knife to be an essential piece of carried equipment. However, we have yet to develop a reliable consistent safety line clip release system. Instead, we are focused on developing a release system of the actual lifejacket harness. Testing showed that the harness release system needed to be simple to understand, simple to use and simple to maintain as well as reliable over the lifetime of the lifejacket. At the same time, the harness release system must meet the requirements of the ISO12402 approval.
The Spinlock Harness Release System (HRS) is a new innovation which enables the wearer to disconnect from the safety line by releasing a lever behind the soft loop safety line attachment point of the lifejacket harness.
Staying connected to the boat is undoubtedly safer than being in the water and use of a safety line is actively encouraged. However, in the event of a fall overboard, a casualty can find themselves being dragged/trapped alongside or behind the vessel. A situation which can be hard to be released from.
• Activation handle located behind soft loop, easy to locate, grab and pull
• Soft loop attachment released and open
• User separated from safety line and boat
• Easily reset to use again
The Deckvest 6D is approved to the following international standards:
ISO12402-3 170N Lifejacket
ISO12402-2 275N Lifejacket
ISO12401 Deck Harness
NOTE: This is not a Transport Canada or USCG Approved Lifejacket or PFD.
User weight 50kg +
Size Range: 60-150cm
33g CO2 cylinder
Through Life Support
Registering your Deckvest gives you the benefit of our unique online support, to help ensure that your lifejacket is reliably maintained. Lifejacket warranty is extended to 5 years upon registration*
• Prompts for winter care, storage and pre-season safety checks
• Access to latest online support and advice
• Updates on MOB prevention and advice