Spinlock VITO Deckvest with HRS Harness Release System Inflatable Lifejacket DW-VT/H170/HRS
The VITO is the first Lifejacket Harness to include a revolutionary Harness Release System. HRSTM is a unique system that ensures a simple release from a safety tether even when fully loaded. It is easily accessible with either hand, but significantly reduces the risk of an accidental snag or release.
The option to quickly release a safety line or tether can be lifesaving in certain situations, but a knife can be hard to use and can often be inaccessible in an emergency.
The Spinlock HRSTM is concealed, yet easy to find and simple to operate, an industry first in design, that gives a consistent release - opening the harness connection point and releasing the user.
The Spinlock Deckvest VITO with HRS is the latest Spinlock inflatable lifejacket harness technology, based on Spinlock's design work for the 2017-2018 Volvo Ocean Race.
All teams were equipped with the same Spinlock inflatable lifejacket harness developed in collaboration with a core group of Volvo offshore sailors.
Fundamental to the new design was a lifejacket that crews actually wanted to wear more frequently, with developed custom features.
The VITO utilizes the Hammar® Hydrostatic Automatic Inflator inflation system that is activated by water pressure and will not inflate until the cap is approximately 10 cm underwater. This system is designed for use in more extreme conditions and extended offshore sailing.
The benefit of the Hammar® system is that the jacket cannot accidentally inflate from being wet with rain and sea spray. The unit has a single indicator to show if armed. (Only use Re-Arm Kit DW-RAH/V170)
NOTE: Delayed inflation can be caused if full immersion of the Firing Head is delayed by buoyant foul weather clothing.
The resulting Spinlock VITO Offshore 170N Hammar Lifejacket features:
- Striking design finish in durable ripstop fabric
- 170N buoyancy with Hammar® hydrostatic automatic inflator
- Structured fit allows easy donning with simple to adjust buckles
- Course and fine tune adjustment. Fit lifejacket to body size.
- Fine tune adjust each time for layers
- Added protection in high impact areas
- New style structured sprayhood to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
- Pylon Lifejacket LightTM high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23 cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head & water
- Lume-OnTM - Lifejacket bladder illumination lights included
- Wider 40 mm leg strap with stowage
- Toggle attachment point for optional Chest Pack (DW-PCC)
- One size fits all
The Spinlock Deckvest VITO is approved to the following international standards:
NOTE: This is not a Transport Canada Approved Lifejacket or PFD.
- CE Approved
- ISO 12402-3 Lifejacket (170N)
- ISO 12401 Deck Harness
- Weight: 1,240g