Garmin GMR Fantom 18 Solid State Radar 010-01706-00
The 18-inch, 40 W solid-state Garmin GMR Fantom 18 radar dome features MotionScope technology, which uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions. Fully integrates with select Garmin chartplotters.
MotionScope GMR Fantom radars use the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions, find flocks of birds and track weather formations. The Doppler effect is the frequency shift in the radar echo due to the relative motion of the target. This allows for instant detection of any targets moving toward or away from the radar.
MotionScope highlights the moving targets in different colors on the radar display so you can navigate around other boats or severe weather, or toward fishing spots where birds are feeding at the surface.
The Fantom 18 is a high-power 40 W solid state radar with a 5.2 degree beam, giving excellent close and long-range target detection ranging from as close as 20 feet to 48 nautical miles, even in fog or rain. Pulse Compression technology provides high resolution while maximizing energy, to enhance detection and identification of targets.
The 5.2 degree horizontal beamwidth provides a high resolution image and high antenna gain so it can pick out targets at a distance. The result is this radar paints a clear, concise image of the shoreline, other vessels and impending weather, right on your Garmin chartplotter. You get consistent target positions, excellent target separation and reliable operation.
Its 8-bit true color imagery also helps you discriminate large targets from small ones and enhances target separation. Radar data is overlaid onto charts (autopilot or heading sensor recommended).
With low power consumption, instant turn on and no delay from warming up as with magnetron radars it has rotation speeds of 24 for reduced power consumption and 48 rpm to provide fast screen updates.
All Garmin radars are designed to be easy to install and easy to use. There are no complex user settings to adjust; just install your radar and start using it. You can rely on the GMR Fantom radar to provide reliable, optimum performance in all conditions.
- Adjustment of the target size of objects on the radar image
- Radar Overlay allows the radar image on the chartplotter's map page. (Autopilot or heading sensor is recommended for best results)
- Auto Bird Gain, fishermen know when you find birds at the water's surface, you'll also find fish
- Echo Trails help you quickly and easily identify moving targets and potential collision threats
- Dual Range, single antenna is capable of providing split screen images side-by-side, with independent range setting
- Dynamic Auto Gain automatically adjusts to your surroundings for optimal performance in all conditions
- MARPA Target Tracking, Mini-automatic radar plotting aid (MARPA) tracks up to 10 selected targets
- Guard Zone, Set the safety zone and receive an alarm when an object enters zone
- Variable range markers (VRM) and electronic bearing lines (EBL) allow rapid measurements of distance and bearing
- Dual radar support provides redundancy and the ability for each display unit on the boat to select data from 1 of 2 different radar sources
In the Box:
- GMR Fantom 18
- Mounting hardware kit
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template
GMR Fantom 18 24 Domes Installation Instructions