Mustang MD3154.02 HIT Inflatable PFD with Sailing Harness (Auto Hydrostatic)
Designed for heavy weather usage, it’s built around Mustang’s exclusive Hydrostatic Inflator Technology. It features a bright fluorescent yellow-green inflation cell (the most visible colour in water rescue situations) and a lightweight outer shell material (used in the body armor industry) and a zippered pocket.
Mustang’s Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT) means that inflation is reliable and will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4" or more of water and won’t be triggered by spray, rain or humidity. No maintenance is needed for 5 years, unless the PFD is inflated.
The MD3154’s Sailing Harness helps keep the user from falling overboard when used with a tether with an under-load Quick-Release Hook. It was designed and tested to comply with Offshore Racing Council (ORC) requirements. Care and attention must be taken to make sure that the harness is used and maintained properly.
The harness is suitable for people over 5' 5" (165 cm). Make sure the tether is no longer than 6' 6" (2 m) with quick-release under-load hardware and is secured to both D-Rings.
Designed for use in the most harsh marine environments, it’s made with durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon. It also offers the patented SecureZipTM closure system and will stay closed during even the most rigorous activity. It opens quickly and easily when inflated and is simple to repack.
- Approval: TC Marine - TP 14475 - Inflatable PFD - Type II
- Hammar 1F Auto Hydrostatic Inflator
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Provides 33.7 Pounds (150N) of buoyancy
- No maintenance for 5 Years unless inflated
- Two heavy duty stainless steel D-Rings for use with tethers
- Manual inflation handle lets you inflate the vest any time
- Neoprene Comfort Collar
- The cylinder is contained inside the bladder to protect against corrosion
- Strobe light holder, Safety Whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on bladder
- Durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon
- Reflective shoulder accents
- A backup oral inflation tube
Air Travel - IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations 60th-EN-Section 2.3a
Mustang MD 3153 MD3154 Owners Manual