Secure clutching for high loads black 8-12mm
XX holds loads 50% higher than any conventional clutch and yet it is smooth and controlled to release.
It is the only secure clutch solution for genoa halyards on inshore racing yachts from 35-50 foot and for secondary applications on larger yachts.
XX has been optimised especially for high performance 8-12mm (5/16 - 1/2") diameters, filling the critical load holding gap between other clutches and the high load ZS jammer,
Powerclutch or ZS jammer?
Choose XX for working loads and diameters that can't be reliably held in conventional clutches but where the winched release of the ZS is impractical.
Choose ZS where bigger diameters and/or extreme loads are used - and where winched release is a positive safety feature.
- special 3D wedge action help contain full load with minimal rope wear
- peek roller bearings give safe and controlled release
- robust, forward opening alloy handle
- monocoque alloy box section for absolute overload security
- heavy duty low level stainless steel fairleads
- easy access for removing complete internal assembly, even when banked
- access port for fresh water flushing
- high tensile fasteners supplied
- load holding up to 3,968 lbs ( 1,800 kgs)
XX Clutch Instructions