ACR 3940.10AR SM-2 Automatic Crew Overboard Xenon Strobe SOLAS
The 3940.1AR version of the ACR SM-2 Strobe includes a 2" band of SOLAS reflective tape applied at the factory for additional visibility in the water and is shipped in simplified packaging without retail graphics.
With 70,000 peak candlepower, this high-intensity Xenon strobe marker light clearly marks crew-overboard sites with each brilliant flash. It automatically rights itself and activates when in the water and begins strobing, operating with 360° visibility for up to 60 hours on a 6-Volt lantern battery.
Perfect for commercial marine, petro-marine, cruisers, racers or any application that needs a reliable COB light.
The SM-2 is the industry standard for buoy lights. Its durability is put to the test every day on ships and oil rigs around the world and is the choice of the United States Navy and Coast Guard.
ACR has long solved the issue of condensation in buoy lights which is a common occurrence with some other brands. The supplied bulkhead mounting bracket holds the SM-2 secure in the roughest of conditions but it is still readily accessible when needed in an emergency.
With its easily replaceable 6 Volt lantern battery power source, the ACR SM-2 will give years of service and be ready when called upon.
It's a matter of balance; COB Marker lights, by design, need to float upright for maximum visibility. The 6-Volt lantern batteries provide the ballast for these lights. Although batteries may be the same size, the different chemistries cause them to have varying weights. It is imperative that only the 6-Volt battery models suggested, weighing less than 675 grams or 1.49 lbs are used. Too little ballast and the light will lie over on its side and be ineffective; too much weight and the light may sink.
- Brighter light in all directions
- Upgraded polycarbonate blend case, improved impact rating; UV, temperature and chemical resistant
- Perfect for commercial marine, petro-marine, divers, cruisers, and any application needing a reliable COB light
- Automatically rights itself and activates when in the water
- High-intensity Xenon strobe gives 360° visibility for more than 3 miles (4.8 km)
- Floats upright in all conditions
- Minimum 36 hours continuous operating life
- Certification: Complies with IMO/SOLAS/LSACode; USCG 161.010 & USCG 161.110 Approved; Tested to UL 1196 and Transport Canada Type Approval Certificate 42954/A0 BV
If there are any doubts as to the appropriate weight of the battery, test the light by placing it in shallow water. If it floats upright, it is good, however, if the SM-2 sinks, the battery is too heavy.
Suggested Screw & Spring Terminal Battery Types
- Screw Terminal Batteries:
- ANSI/NEDA: 915, 915C, 915D, 915AC
- Duracell: M915, PC915
- Rayovac®: 942, 945
- Eveready®: 510S
- Spring Terminal Batteries:
- ANSI/NEDA: 908, 908C, 908D, 908AC
- Duracell: M908, PC908
- Rayovac®: 941, 944
- Eveready®: 509, 1209
- Energizer: EN529 (not 529)
- Panasonic: W-4FD
ACR SM2 Spec Sheet
ACR SM-2 Product Support Manual
Transport Canada Bureau Veritas Type Approval