ACR 2848.63 GlobalFix iPro Category II EPIRB Manual Release with LCD Digital Display
This EPIRB is programmed with UIN for registration in Canada.
Roam freely and safely with the GlobalFixTM iPRO Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB).
When it comes to marine safety electronics, this EPIRB is in a class of its own. The GlobalFix iPRO has a digital display that lets you view all of the beacon's functionalities, including GPS latitude/longitude, transmission bursts, and battery power.
Know that if you run into a boat emergency, the GlobalFix iPRO EPIRB will help search and rescue teams pinpoint your location and help get you home safe and sound.
The ACR GlobalFixTM iPRO is also the first EPIRB that offers Dual GPS Technology.
You can interface your iPRO with your onboard GPS* to ensure that your LAT/LON is stored inside so the coordinates are transmitted in the very first data burst.
The iPRO's internal GPS is optimized for cold starts and has been tested and refined at ACR's GPS Simulation Center so that it will pinpoint your exact location faster than standard GPS enabled EPIRB's.
The ACR GlobalFixTM iPRO offers the very latest in marine electronic life-saving technology:
- Highly visible LED strobe - Energy efficient
- High-efficiency electronics - Performance you can count on
- Non-hazardous batteries - No shipping hassles
- Professional grade design - Engineered, tested and built for years of abusive marine use
- Ergonomic, compact design; Smallest, feature-rich EPIRB available
* The Dual GPS Technolgy feature requires that your boats GPS receiver must export position information in the following format: NMEA 0183, Version 1.5 or higher, Baud rate: 4800. Data requirements: Talker device identifier: GP (GPS Receiver) and Sentence format: GGA (GPS Fix Data)
NOTE: Category II beacons are designed to be manually deployed from the bracket and then activated manually or placed in the water to activate automatically. Two conditions must be met for a Category II beacon to automatically activate: It must be removed out of its bracket. And, It must be wet (i.e. placed in the water). Either condition, by itself, will not automatically activate the beacon.
NOTE: All of the PLB and EPIRB products sold by The Binnacle are Canadian coded and require registration with the government of Canada's online Canadian Beacon Registry System. See Requirements Tab for more information on how to register.
ACR GlobalFix iPro Product Manual