Standard GX1600 Explorer VHF Radio - White & Black
Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The Standard GX1600 has an ultra thin, compact rear case, only 3-1/2" in depth, or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market.
- Ultra thin and compact rear case design (3.5" depth)
- Meets ITU-R M493-12 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) with Individual, All ship, Position Report, Request and Distress
- Navigation to a DSC Distress Call with Compass page
- Automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 Ships using DSC
- Enter, Save, and Navigation to waypoint with Compass page
- GPS Compass display
- Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
- Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
- Noise canceling microphone with channel UP/DOWN, 16/9 and H/L keys
- NOAA weather channel selection with Alert * Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual Watch
- GPS repeating of position, SOG, COG and Time
- Customizable channel names
- Oversized dot matrix display
- NMEA Input and Output
- Programmable soft keys
- Capable of connecting to a Second Station RAM3+ CMP31 Remote Access Microphone
- Overall Dimension: 5.91"(w) x 3.35"(H) x 3.54"(D)
- Flush mount cutout: 5.35"(W) x 2.80"(H) x 2.56"(D)
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The Explorer GX1600 has an ultra thin, compact rear case, only 3-1/2" in depth, or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market, giving the flexibility of flush mounting the radio in tight areas.
The GPS Compass display allows you to easily navigate to waypoints. The GX1600 is capable of entering and saving up to 100 Waypoints. Waypoints can be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation Compass Display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint with the internal 12 channel WAAS GPS.
The Standard GX1600 is an ITU-R M493 Class D VHF with a separate Channel 70 receiver, allowing DSC calls to be received even when listening to other communications. The DSC Distress function when activated, transmits a digital May-Day which includes vessel identification, Latitude/Longitude, and time; to facilitate prompt response.
Additional DSC calls that can be made are Individual, Urgency, Safety, Position Report and Send.
The GX1600 is RAM3+ Second Station Mic CMP31 capable, allowing you to remotely control the VHF from your cockpit, or fly bridge. The Standard RAM3+ Remote Mic is capable of controlling all VHF, and DSC functions from a second station.
There is no question about it; with a big, bold display there is no mistaking the information presented on the display. And, the contrast and brightness can be adjusted for situations when the radio cannot be mounted directly in front of you.
The Standard GX1600 easily shares position information with other DSC equipped vessels with the DSC Position Request and Position Reporting functions. With the push of a few buttons you can request the position of another vessel, or simply send your position information to the vessel you select.
With NMEA0183 Input and Output, the GX1700 can send the GPS position of a received DSC Distress, or Position Request calls to a compatible GPS Chart plotter simply by connecting 2 NMEA wires.
Scanning is not an issue with the Standard GX1700. The radio can be setup to scan any number of channels with, or without a Channel 16, as the priority channel or simply can be setup to scan between a priority channel and one other channel (dual watch).
With Standard's Clear Voice Noise Reduction Technology, unwanted background noises like engines and wind during transmission are eliminated. This assures transmissions are crystal clear along with dedicated 16/9, H/L keys and channel selection.
10 NOAA and Canadian Weather channels are pre-programmed and easily selectable using the dedicated WX key. In addition, the Explorer GX1600 can be set to monitor WX channels and provide an audible alert to inform of pending storm advisories.
3-Year Waterproof Warranty; if the GX1600 fails for any reason (including water damage) during normal use for the first 3 years of ownership, Standard Horizon will repair or replace it free, without hassles or charges. If it fails for anytime thereafter in normal use, for as long as the original purchaser owns the radio, Standard Horizon's Lifetime Flat Rate and Customer Loyalty Service Programs will cover it.
Standard GX1600 & GX1700 Owners Manual