B&G Vulcan 9 FS Forward Scan 9 in. Multifunction Display
The B&G Vulcan 9 is a chartplotter built specifically for sailors, packed with sailing-specific functions and featuring an intuitive 9-inch multi-touch display. Pinch to zoom, swipe to pan; the Vulcan 9 is as easy to use as a smartphone or tablet, and designed to make your life on the water easier. This powerful chartplotter has all the usual features such as waypoints, routes and tracks. It comes with a high performance internal GPS antenna ensuring pinpoint position accuracy.
With B&G's award-winning SailSteer™ function, you can see all of your key sailing data at a glance. View data together on one handy dedicated screen, or overlaid on charts for the modern sailor's ultimate navigational view. With the addition of sailing instruments and sensors via industry-standard NMEA 2000® networking, SailSteer evolves to show Boat Speed, Wind data, Heading, Tide, Wind Shift Sectors and even Laylines – enhancing the detail on SailSteer and chart screens. It's easy to add waypoints or plot a course; with B&G SailingTime you'll see waypoint arrival times based on realistic sailing course and tidal effects, rather than a straight-line calculation.
When connected to a B&G Pilot system, the Vulcan 9 acts as a secondary autopilot controller providing Intelligent Sail Steering, manual and auto steering functions, and Smart Maneuver functionality combined with intuitive menus for ultimate control. Integrate the Vulcan 9 with your onboard instruments to use the screen as a large, highly-visible instrument display. Create and customize single, dual and 4-way data page layouts.
Vulcan 9FS design delivers maximum display space in a small form factor. The intuitive multi-touch interface features common gestures like pinch-to-zoom and swipe-to-pan, making the Vulcan 9 incredibly easy to use.
Choose from C-MAP™, Navionics®, NV Digital™ or Insight charting options to make the most of your routing and planning.
THE B&G Vulcan 9FS features built in Wi-Fi allowing you to connect to the internet, via a marina or smartphone hotspot, and access the GoFree™ Shop where you can download charts and software updates direct to your display. You can also mirror the screen of your Vulcan 9FS on a compatible smartphone or tablet, allowing you to view and control (tablet only) your chartplotter from virtually anywhere on your boat. This makes the Vulcan 9 an incredibly cost effective dual-station solution for smaller boats.
Easily and seamlessly connect essential kit for cruising and sailing such as sailing instruments, the B&G SonicHub marine audio server, ZG100 external GPS antenna, and DSC VHF Marine Radio. Vulcan 9 gathers data as you sail, ready when you need it.
Add B&G Broadband 3G™ or 4G™ Radar to keep watch as you sail, with the ability to identify and track targets from 36 nautical miles away (4G) to right off the bow. Cruise safely through crowded harbors, avoid obstacles in poor visibility, and keep an eye on distant storm cells all from your Vulcan 9 display.
The optional ForwardScan™ transducer can allow you to see what lies ahead under the water with approaching depth information. Explore poorly-charted or unfamiliar waters confidently with a clear image of the bottom ahead of your boat.
- Display Size: 9"
- Display Type: TFT, widescreen
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- Brightness: 1200nits
- Environmental Protection: IPX7
- Operating Temperatures: -15° C to +55° C
- Media Port: (1) microSD
- Connectors: NMEA 2000, Sonar Transducer, Ethernet (B&G Broadband Radar only), Power
- Warranty: 2 Years. (up to 3 Years if part of a qualifying system installed by a B&G Certified Dealer)
- Waterproof Standard/ Rating: IPX7
- Width: 243 mm/9.56"
- Depth: 83 mm/ 3.26"
- Height: 171 mm/ 6.71" Weight 1.32 kg/ 2.91 lb
- Power Supply: (Supply Voltage) 12 Volt DC GPS
- Navigation Waypoint/Routes/Trails Storage: 1,000's of waypoints, routes and trails can be stored
- GPS Antenna Type: 10 Hz Internal
- Background Mapping: Navico background map & Navionics Global basemap
- Mapping Options: Navionics / C-MAP / NV Digital Charts / Insight
- Networking Connectors:
- NMEA Input/ Output NMEA 2000
- Sonar Type: CHIRP & DownScan
- Frequencies: 50/ 200/ 455/ 800kHz
- Transducer Type: Transom or Thru Hull (Not Included)
- B&G Vulcan 9 FS Forward Scan Multifunction Display
- 000-13701-001Vulcan 9 Suncover
- 000-13700-001 Bezel for B&G Vulcan9
- 000-13699-001 Dash mount kit for B&G Vulcan 9
- 000-00128-001 Power Cable: (4 Pin conn. to 4 bare wires for Power in, Power control bus and external alarm) 2 m (6.5 ft)
Vulcan Series Installation Manual
Vulcan Series Operation Manual